Well its been a few weeks since I installed opera. I have been on holiday for one of those weeks so really this is only my initial thoughts. not looking good for opera though 😉
Opera is quick to launch 🙂 and ctrl-enter to select your login is a godsend but.. it seems speed isnt everything I thought it might be!
- flickr doesnt work – you would have thought this would have been an important site to get working as I reckon those people who use Opera are much more likely to use Flickr than the general public.
- my stock site doesnt like it though with some fiddling, I now have it working 🙂
- there arent any of the cool plugins you get for firefox
- the interface just feels weird – though I guess I might get used to it 🙂 especially the home button being hidden in the address bar.
- Outlook Web Access doesnt work right (looks the same as Firefox)
- It feels slower generating websites – they build up in front of you whereas IE just displays them.. I wonder if IE is actualy slower but that instant display just gives instant gratification 🙂
All in all I am using IE more still than I am using Opera – even though Opera is currently set as my default.
If only Firefox was as quick as Opera 🙁
Oh and I still dont like tabs – I guess I am going to have to get used to them 😮